Thursday, March 1, 2012

Brunswick houses

I often notice this house with its enormous dish in the front yard as I ride past on my bike. I've mentally noted that it's somewhat incongruous and counter-cultural for the area, until I stopped today to take a photo. And noticed the solar panels all over the roof, huge water tank and solid sun blinds for carbon-neutral climate control.


I love the appearance of this house - very natural tones, slightly arty design, neatly presented, native garden. This kind of look is increasingly popular in the area - I wouldn't be surprised if there was lots of wooden floors, exposed beams, light and airy.

I doubt I'll ever afford that kind of thing, though, and although I love it, I'm not sure I'd spend the money on my house even if I had it.


Signs of Brunswick's cultural diversity - I don't think this is the house of a young Anglo professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment