Sunday, November 27, 2011

A blog?

I've recently finished up a job at a church in inner city Melbourne. I was the Community and Mission Minister, and - along with my husband and a number of other staff - left involuntarily.

It's thrown up identity issues - am I interested in expressing faith in Jesus in urban culture because that was my job? Or did I have that job because that interest is part of who I am and will continue to be?

For the time being, since I still live in and love Brunswick, and am now - for the first time - attending a church in Brunswick, I figure I'll keep exploring these thoughts. And a blog seems a way to keep connecting with these ideas and expressing the thinking that I've loved doing.

So... I don't know how regularly, or for how long, but here's a first(ish) post.

1 comment:

  1. hey hey, welcome to blogging! Beware, it's addictive :)

    More seriously, I have been greatly saddened by the recent events that you have had to deal with. x

    ReplyDelete